Wednesday 17 December 2014

Rehearsal Update #4 | Blocking my scenes

Since I have a few lines in the play which I say off stage it was important that vocalization has to be a big factor in my performance. Physically I wanted to show the mistreatment of the orphans through nuances throughout, so we blocked separate gestures in the narration explaining punishments.

The cheese scene in the play highlights the theme of greed that I think Mrs Slighcarp, Mr Grimshaw and Mrs Brisket are all accountable of being. We decided to line up the orphan and  for me as Mrs Brisket to pinch, push and pull the hair of them. This would hopefully show how they are mistreated inferno of the inspector further showing how she uses them to only get what she wants, her constant motivation being to live a life of leisure and having the orphans work for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment