Wednesday 17 December 2014

Rehearsal Update #2 | The Figure

One of my parts in the play is to be the figure that approaches Sylvia and Bonnie as they're skating, I did this by walking behind the set in a long black cloak as described in the narration which are lines that I have. It creates quite a sinister, out of charcater scenario because I am revealed to be Mrs Brisket instead of Miss Slighcarp and that links with the theme of Appearance being deceiving. However more so because I shift from being a figure representing Mrs Brisket in the distance to 3rd person narration directing the audience breaking down the fourth wall instantly, which adds to the sinister sense of the scene.

I really enjoy doing that kind of shift on stage and playing with split characters and voices in a sharp way. I decided I wanted it to be fast paced and for the shift of presence to spark from a sharp head lift. What's also interesting and fun to experiment with it creating the physicality of then another fast movement 'as she gave them an angry look' and mixing the two; 3rd person narrative with the almost possessed physicality of the figure I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment